Which one should you buy, raw or virgin human hair extensions? There has been a lot of chatter about raw versus virgin hair, making it difficult for hair lovers to choose which one is the best. This article aims to provide you with the differences so you can make an informed decision as to which one fits your style and or your preference.
Raw vs. Virgin Hair Extensions
Let's simplify the definition so you can make an informed decision about the type of hair extensions you would like to use. This blog will provide the correct explanation of raw and virgin hair, their benefits, and what's the point of understanding the difference.
Let's start with defining the words...
Raw is defined as being in or nearly in the natural state: not processed or purified. Whereas, virgin is defined as fresh, unspoiled: not altered by human activity.
Many hair extensions companies have different definitions of what raw and virgin hair really is. As a consumer and hair lover, it is important for you to know the difference.
Quality and authentic human hair used for extensions start off being raw. However, virgin hair is altered and or processed to achieve a particular pattern such as: body wave, deep wave, kinky curly/straight, Brazilian, Peruvian, Mongolian, Malaysian, etc. However, it is important to note that not all raw and virgin human hair sold in the market are authentic.
What is Raw Hair?
Raw hair is a 100% unprocessed hair which means that the hair is cut from the donor’s head, washed with shampoo and conditioner, and sewn onto a weft. The following are the characteristics of raw hair extensions:
- No chemical, mechanical, or steam process has been done
- Best quality of human hair extensions
- Natural looking and blends with all hair types
- Appears to be fuller and voluminous
- Durable and long-lasting
- Does not have a uniform wave or curl pattern
- Cuticles are aligned
- Expensive in comparison to virgin hair extensions
- Commonly available in 2 patterns: straight and wavy. However, Indian hair can be found in an undefined curly pattern
What is Virgin Hair?
Virgin is hair that has been manipulated in some way to create a uniformed look. The characteristics of 100% virgin hair are listed below:
- Hair is treated with steam to create a more uniformed curl or wave pattern.
- Has not been altered by bleach, perm, dyes, or harsh chemical wash
- Does not contain synthetic or animal fibers
- Various patterns are available such as Brazilian, Malaysian, and Mongolian, Peruvian, Eurasian, etc.
- Available patterns on the market include Body Wave, Deep Curly, Deep Wave, Kinky Curly, Kinky Straight, Loose Wave, and Deep Wave.
To Wrap It Up
Both raw and virgin hair extensions are widely used. Which one is best? Quality hair extensions are the best human hair to purchase! However, the ultimate choice is yours and based on the look you are trying to achieve. If you want help on deciding which human hair is best for you, send us a message on our live support chat box or leave a comment below and we'll help you out.